Thursday, May 5, 2011

Super Friend Blog #1: Craftivore


I love Craftivore. Not because it's my friend Misa Erder's blog...But...Wait...I do love it because it's Misa Erder's blog! I also love it because for about a week, 3 years ago, I thought I could knit. I bought needles, some yarn and called a friend to teach me. She graciously sat down for about an hour and did her best Annie Sullivan to my Helen Keller. Me and knitting lasted about...One hour. My brain could not grasp whatever it was I thought would be the easiest thing in the world.



Misa and I shared a studio in the Meatpacking District of New York Fuckin' City a few years back when that area stunk of many things, differently than what it stinks of now. We sure had fun and Misa made some crazy sculptures she would cut, sew, hang and scatter around her little cubicle space.



Craftivore is the perfect blog for the closet knitter. I'll never knit and I'm ok with that. When I want to see what Misa is doing, I visit her blog and it makes me happy to know she's making great creations and seriously loving it. She sure is talented. I also love how she hangs her creations on bushes to take pictures. I wish I lived in a place that required fingerless winter gloves or Joseph Albers scarves.

www.craftivore.blogspot.com